Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gifts from my students

I got a very unusual gift from a student recently for Teachers’ Day. It was a cactus. I wonder what it meant. Is it because I am quite prickly at times and being hard on students? As for me as cactus grows in the most hostile weather…its grows beautifully. Well maybe it symbolizes the triumph of it over its environment. Well in my case, maybe it symbolizes my triumph over my students. Well, of course the student meant well…and if you are reading this Anis…thank you so much. It’s not everyday that teachers get appreciated by their students.


I had one more occasion recently where student bought for me a huge cake from of course…Secret Recipe. It was a Cappuccino Cheese cake that was layered with vanilla and topped with chocolate rice. It was nice of them to do that...and buying me something that has coffee (my favourite) in it…it’s amazing.

I am not writing this to show off or to ask for more…but it’s a feeling of happiness that I have when students appreciate what I do for them. They don’t even have to give me gifts to say their gratitude, as long as they feel that I have made a difference in their lives and that I have made them to be a better person (maybe a better programmer..hahaha) is good enough.

2 comments:

Mutiara Homestay said...

Yummy cake!!!.. nyum nyum....

Ayik dan Ernut said...

salam kenal dari indonesia...itu kue nampak nya yummy ya ?